Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Freshman Year is Over!!

All good things must come to an end. My Freshman year has definitely been a fun one, with some not-so-fun things thrown in there for good measure. The last day of school was soooo sad! Future SHS and MMHS students were crying and hugging each other. It was really depressing because I probably won't see a lot of my good friends going to MMHS every again. But instead of this post being filled with all the sad moments of the last day of school, I want to fill it with some of my experiences and things that I've learned over my three years at MJHS.

My List of Life Lessons (in no particular order):

1. Finding other people that love Psych is a great use of time.

2. Don't ever go on Facebook for a "5 minute break" when you're working on an essay.

3. Not everyone picks up on sarcasm.

4. Lockers are the most useless thing in the world when you are OCD about not having anything you could possibly need/want in every single class (including lunch).

5. Procrastination isn't a solution, it's a way of life.

6. Always find out which teachers actually read what you turn in and which ones just give you an A if you did the assignment ASAP.

7. Baby turtles can end wars. (shout out to Mr. Nielsen!)

8. Make sure that you have at least one friend in each class because group work is a staple in Junior High.

9. Don't get hooked on a book series that isn't assigned for school or you will never read the one that is assigned.

10. Keep a daily/weekly diary so you don't forget everything that happened during your Junior High years!

5 comments:

Melanye said...

BO! So glad you finally wrote another blog post! So fun, I love the part about finding fellow Psych fans. :) Love you sister.

Unknown said...

Brittanye. I love you. And i love that your OCD. (:

Jessica said...

I love you procrastinating buddy! High school is going to be a blast!

Ticklemedana said...

I give you a HUGE amen to the keeping a journal in Junior High...I read mine every so often and it is HILARIOUS stuff..some of the guys I'm obsessed with have stayed some of my best friends to this day and others I'm like what was I thinking?!?!?

Awesome Brit!!

Emilye Messerly said...

So are you just gonna update your blog every year? Next post will be "Sophomore Year is Over!!"